Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Getting to Know Mandy B

MandyB

My name is: Mandy B

My favorite dinner is: Mexican anything....

My favorite dessert is: DEFINITELY ice cream--creamy thick shakes or just a huge bowl of ice cream!

My favorite flower is: .......daisies??.... I don't know--bright and happy ones in general.....

My favorite hobby is: spending time with family+friends, music, attempted crafty things, cooking

My favorite restaurant is: Chilis!

A game I like to play is: Card games & Mario Kart

The music I listen to most is: Country, techno/Michael Jackson if I'm working out or feel like rocking out :), and EFY cd's {Yes, I'm cheesy like that}

My favorite thing to buy is: CLOTHES.... although I don't buy them very often. But theoretically, it is. ;)

A book I highly recommend is: 25 Ways to Win with People: How to Make Others Feel Like a Million Bucks--I have a thing for Self Help books! It's really good...I have lots to work on from this book.....a quick read, very good!

A movie I watch over and over is: Pearl Harbor....??

A smell that makes me pause is: Mexican food!

The city I would most like to visit is: Hmmm...I guess taking Braden to my hometown in The Woodlands {Texas}....he has never gone there with me since my family moved up here after I graduated...and I just think it would be fun to show him where I grew up.

My favorite thing to do on a date is: Going out to dinner or going on a picnic in the canyon with my favorite 2 people

The best vacation I ever had was: My honeymoon to Riviera Maya, Mexico--A.MAZ.ING.

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? To do theater...I love to sing and used to dance....but, I have NO idea how to act and think that would be SO fulfilling and fun.

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Probably dishes......... although I can't say I LOVE any chores ;)

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Hmm.... NAP?! {but somehow have the house getting cleaned while I was sleeping so I don't wake up regretting the nap}

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? I hate this question....HARD! I guess I would say that I see other's strengths easily/see the good in people...if that makes sense.

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? My family! I don't know what I would do without Braden and Brightyn. Really. I feel like since being married I have grown in ways I NEVER could have without Braden's example and learning from his strengths....and Brightyn can always make me smile.

What is your dream vacation? This is so far off I don't really even entertain the thought, but one day I would love to take family trips to Africa, Mexico, etc....for service things..... like I said....FAR OFF. :) {but I think they would make the BEST memories and would be very eye opening}

What's the coolest thing you've ever done? Going to Ghana where I taught English and math in ASL at a deaf middle school.

How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? I first saw him in his briefs with his shirt off and knew he was the one! :) JK-I DID see him in his briefs with his shirt off--LONG story--the window was opened and he didn't know it and he was going in to get a midnight drink our freshman year in his apt. {ours apt. was right across from his} All 5 of my roommates and I saw him and all started giggling and ran up the stairs embarrassed.....anyway, he eventually introduced himself and we became best friends and have been ever since. He tried to break up with me a few times....but thankfully, it didn't last. ;) He left on a mission. We wrote. Got back. Proposed on a hike in Zion National Park that was a look out over the whole park. I said yes, and here we are!

The best thing about being married is: Getting to spend time with Braden whenever I want!

What do you and your husband like to do together? Eat, watch movies, play games {especially card games}, Mario Kart {it's the only one I'll play with him....I'm pretty good, too}, go on walks/hikes, just hang out....


What would be your perfect day?
Sleep in til 10 {just for fun}, wake up to a hot breakfast, hang out with Braden and Brightyn all day--maybe a trip to a park/picnic for lunch, and then go on a date with just Braden and I once Brightyn is asleep......


What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage?
Learn your spouse's love language....it is SUPER helpful... I look back at our first year of marriage and realize that that would have helped out a LOT! Also, put God first and your spouse second.

What story does your family always tell about you? Probably how I blame my older brother for the bump in my nose. When I was about 8 , my older brother Bud {11 at the time} told me he had a surprise for me... {Keep in mind: I would do ANYTHING for my older siblings-I'm the baby and would deliver snacks to their doors so I could hang out with their friends, etc..} So, of course I excitedly asked, "what?!" He told me to close my eyes and run as fast as I could and he'd show me. So he put his hands over my eyes and I run as fast as I could.....He ran with me...and he ran me straight into the wall! The clock fell down and my nose started bleeding. Gotta love older brothers!

No comments:

Post a Comment