Friday, November 4, 2011

Getting to Know Sally D


Sally D
My name is:  Sally D
My favorite dinner is:  Pork loin and mashed potatoes with butternut squash and a yummy fresh salad
My favorite dessert is: Key lime cheesecake or cookie cake :D
My favorite flower is: Hydrangea
My favorite hobby is: Creating! I love to sew and craft... all the above. Oh and I am a ballroom dancer as well.
My favorite restaurant is:  I love Zupas.
A game I like to play is:  Dominos! Mexican train or chicken foot. 
The music I listen to most is:  Showtunes, country, and other genres I'm not sure what they are called. haha.
My favorite thing to buy is:  new clothes! I just feel fresh and clean and perky.
A book I highly recommend is:  The Gallagher Girl series, anything by Gerald Lund, or Janette Rallison books.
A movie I watch over and over is: Baby Mama...
A smell that makes me pause is:  yummy food. FALL! clean laundry
The city I would most like to visit is:  London... or anywhere in Brazil. oh and China. (ok so those weren't cities necessarily...)
My favorite thing to do on a date is:  Talk and play games.
The best vacation I ever had was:  On a cruise to the Caribbean
If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?  Hermione Granger. Definitely. except I would choose Harry over Ron.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?  I would love to be able to draw or paint. I can't do that worth beans right now...
What chore do you absolutely hate doing?  mopping the floors!
When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Pinterest. or sewing. or reading. haha
What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic?  my eyes or smile?
What is the "thing" you are most grateful for?  definitely the gospel.  I would not be me without it.
What's the coolest thing you've ever done?  I got to take my grandparents to conference once.  My Grandpa is an emeritus General Authority so we went in the tunnel with all of the apostles and met lots of neat people. I also ate lunch with Sister Hinkley once. :D
How did you meet your husband? I was on a date with his roommate when we first met. 
How did he propose?  He was selling for the summer in Chicago, but his parents flew me out to California to go on a vacation with them.   I had no idea he was coming too.  His flight got in about an hour after mine.  So his family tried to stall.  It was really late at night but they went to some fast food restaurants and then his mom pretended that she left her purse at the airport! (She was very convincing by the way...) When we got back, his dad went in to "get her purse" and then called and said that she needed to come in so they could identify her.  Well his WHOLE family got out of the car, and I didn't want to seem rude, so I got out too.  We went to the lost and found and all the lights were out with candles on the counter.  The Southwest lady said, "Are you Sally?" and I was like... "Ya...?"  She said, "someone left this for you" and it was a Jared's Bag.  Then he came out and proposed! We hadn't seen each other in months so it was really awesome.   (Sorry that was a super long story)
The best thing about being married is:  Having a best friend to think the best of you all the time.
What do you and your husband like to do together?  Play with Bennett
What story does your family always tell about you? Can't think right now... haha

No comments:

Post a Comment