Monday, October 17, 2011

Getting to Know Kristin S

Kristin S
My name is: Kristin Sumbot
My favorite dinner is: Grilled cheese and tomato soup!
My favorite dessert is: my homemade Key Lime Pie!
My favorite flower is: Sunflower
My favorite hobby is: Baking! or bowling, or snowboarding.
My favorite restaurant is: PF Changs
A game I like to play is: Card games
The music I listen to most is: Mat Kearney or the Goo Goo Dolls
My favorite thing to buy is: colored Nike Running shoes
A book I highly recommend is: To Kill A Mockingbird
A movie I watch over and over is: Pirates of the Caribbean
A smell that makes me pause is: in a good way? Fresh baked bread. In a bad way? probably toots.
The city I would most like to visit is: Venice
My favorite thing to do on a date is: Color Me Mine! or just hold hands.
The best vacation I ever had was: going on the Disney Cruise
If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Harry Potter
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Fly!
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? pulling weeds
When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? play guitar or look at recipes on food blogs
What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? umm, teeth?
What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? LIFE
What is your dream vacation? Going to Fiji and staying in one of those huts out on the ocean. Or to go shopping in Paris
What's the coolest thing you've ever done?  Having a Make-A-Wish and being able to take my family on vacation to the Caribbean
How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? We met on campus in BYUSA. We both worked in the office together in Communications. I asked him out first :)
Proposal: I was in Reno (my hometown) for a week before fall semester and he was supposed to be in Utah. My mom took up me to Lake Tahoe to our friend's mansion of cabin right on the lake to "take care" of something inside. I didn't want to go, I was tired. When we got there, Mom told me to go around the back of the house and get the key from under the mat. I turned the corner and 20 feet from the house, standing on the dock as the sun was setting, was my soon-to-be-fiancé. Then he shoved a rose in my face and popped the question. It was so cute!
The best thing about being married is: Waking up next to my hubby in the morning and making memories everyday
What do you and your husband like to do together? Watch spongebob, eat pizza, bowl, and cuddle
What would be your perfect day? I'd win the lottery.
What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? Not to let the little things bother you. And to trust in the Lord.
What story does your family always tell about you?  My fight with cancer. It's a long story :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness, Kristin! I need to hear your long story sometime. So fun to read about you.

    ReplyDelete