Friday, October 21, 2011

Getting to Know Shannon L


Shannon L
My name is: Shannon L
My favorite dinner is: A huge bowl of overly sauced spaghetti with a side of garlic bread! Smile
My favorite dessert is: I’m a sucker for sweets and of course anything CHOCOLATE! Smile
My favorite flower is: Gerber Daisies are nice. I’m also a fan of Calla Lilies!
My favorite hobby is: Hanging out with my family – We enjoy movies, golfing and fishing!
My favorite restaurant is: Nonna’s (an Italian place in FL) and Red Lobster.
A game I like to play is: Well my husband hates games so I don’t play many, but I love Boggle and Yahtzee :)
The music I listen to most is: Country
My favorite thing to buy is: Clothes and baby stuff!
A book I highly recommend is: 1776 (if you like American History).
A movie I watch over and over is: The Proposal and Harry Potter of course!
A smell that makes me pause is: Um? I love the smell of book stores and libraries.
The city I would most like to visit is: London. I have been there a few times before and always leave wishing I had more time!
My favorite thing to do on a date is: Go to a great restaurant and to the movies! We also love fishing and golfing together. Smile
The best vacation I ever had was: My husband and I went to Savannah, GA this summer and LOVED it! It’s gorgeous and had so much history to explore!
If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Someone in Harry Potter so I could clean my house with the wave of a wand!
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I would love to be able to sing.
What chore do you absolutely hate doing? DISHES!! Bleh. Thank goodness for a husband who does them often!
When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Going for a walk or watching something on TV.
What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? I suppose I am quick to forgive.
What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? A car. I am a forgetful person and always find myself having to “run” back and forth to places. – I couldn’t do it without a car!
What is your dream vacation? At the moment I would have to say Hawaii.
What's the coolest thing you've ever done? I am not a super adventurous person, but I have traveled all over Europe and feel blessed to have seen some awesome things Smile
How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? We met in VA when we were 13. We liked each other, but he moved away for High school and we didn’t meet back up until college. He proposed on a walk near the BYU stadium Smile
The best thing about being married is: Coming home to your favorite people in the whole world, every single day!
What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? Give each other the benefit of the doubt, and always try to find ways to serve each other/make each other happy!
What story does your family always tell about you? I had a rock collection in elementary school, and one day on my super long walk home from school I found a HUGE rock that looked like a dog, so I hauled it all the way home. My family STILL uses it as a door stop. My Mom still thinks it is so amazing I could carry it all the way home from school, and just can’t part with that stupid rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment