Monday, June 17, 2013

Getting to Know: Kaitlin G.


My name is: Kaitlin G

 My favorite dinner is: Anything someone else makes.  I'm a terrible cook!

My favorite dessert is: strawberries with some sugar

My favorite flower is: calla lily

My favorite hobby is: anything outdoors (in Utah, it's hiking)

My favorite restaurant is: We don't eat out

A game I like to play is: Tennis, Bocce ball

The music I listen to most is: country

My favorite thing to buy is: dog toys... haha

A book I highly recommend is: The Richest Man in Babylon  by George S Clason

A movie I watch over and over is: A Walk to Remember

A smell that makes me pause is: orange blossoms

The city I would most like to visit is: New York, NY of course

My favorite thing to do on a date is: pranks

The best vacation I ever had was: going to Mexico with my dad to do some dental work for those who couldn't afford it

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Superman

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Krav Maga

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? It used to be the bathtub until I found out an awesome way of cleaning it (Dawn and vinegar in a scrub brush. I love it and just keep it in my shower).

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? sleep or clean

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? I'm really intuitive, and I love taking care of people and animals.

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? I don't know about "most" but I sure am grateful for my mammary glands

 What is your dream vacation? Galapagos Islands

 What's the coolest thing you've ever done? I think I've done a lot of cool things but one I'll always remember is competing in the Miss Teen America Pageant as Miss Teen California. I didn't get in the top 10 but I learned a ton and had a blast.

 How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? He and my brother both served in Atlanta, Georgia. They became great friends and after the mission my brother asked him to sell alarms with him in California. That's where he met me, and we got married 1 year and 3 months later. :) The proposal is a way long story but to shorten it up it included 2 hikes, a bunch of surprises, an awesome dinner, a ring, and a whole lot of excitement. :)

 The best thing about being married is: enjoying our little creations (children) together and knowing that he appreciates all the little things they do, that others would find insignificant, as much as I do. And I always have a best friend who really and truly loves me. We can plan our whole lives together. And we can make major decisions together. And if something crazy happens and our time on earth together is shorter than we expected, we know it will be one awesome reunion someday.

What do you and your husband like to do together? go hiking

What would be your perfect day? A recent vision I've had is that I would love to see my boys working really hard for an old man on a farm, I bring them an awesome lunch, and the old man and I sit on rocking chairs on his porch and drink lemonade and talk about old war stories.

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? Go to bed angry. No, seriously. You're not going to solve any problems at 2 am. Try it in the morning when you can think clearly and have enough energy to have a great make up. :)

What story does your family always tell about you? I wanted a puppy so bad that I went on a hunger strike until I got it. I will never tell my children that story, and I hope my family won't either.

No comments:

Post a Comment