Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Getting to Know: Emily B.



My name is: Emily B.

 My favorite dinner is: Creamy Baked Taquitos from Our Best Bites. Mmmm.....

My favorite dessert is: Anything that includes a warm, fudgy brownie

My favorite flower is: The shabby chic looking roses

My favorite hobby is: .....I LOVE thrift store hunting for children's books.  It gives me a weird high.  I always wanted a rockin' library for bedtime stories.  I also like sewing (mostly quilting).

My favorite restaurant is: Cheesecake Factory, isn't that everyone's?

A game I like to play is: Monopoly Deal and Set

The music I listen to most is: Country

My favorite thing to buy is: clothes and BOOKS for my daughter.  It's way more fun to buy a mini outfit.

A book I highly recommend is: Rent Collector

A movie I watch over and over is: Tangled

A smell that makes me pause is: fresh bread or cookies baking

The city I would most like to visit is: any city in Tahiti

My favorite thing to do on a date is:   Eat

The best vacation I ever had was:  a backpacking trip in a remote town in China called Fenghuang.  I got to eat some exciting things and hike along the edge of a mountain on a crickety bridge.  It was such a beautiful place and its special to me because it was totally spontaneous.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?  I think Hermoine

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?  Chop and onion really good. Actually, learn to chop all veggies perfectly.  It would make cooking significantly easier.

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Scrubbing  the shower

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? read or sew

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic?  I love my role as a wife and a mother

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for?  Kitchenaid

 What is your dream vacation? backpacking Europe

 What's the coolest thing you've ever done?  It was definitely teaching English in China for half a year and then in Mexico for the other half of the year.  There were a lot of other cool experiences wrapped up in those experiences...like eating scorpions or bungee jumping on the beach.

 How did you meet your husband? How did he propose?  We were 13 playing capture the flag.  He gave me his school picture and taught me how to throw up the BLOOD gang sign.  I was smitten.  He proposed with a ukelele on a beach in Seattle.

 The best thing about being married is: the perma-friend factor

What do you and your husband like to do together?  we love watching movies with  good treats, taking walks or just talking

What would be your perfect day? A day with my family exploring a new city

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage?  Marry someone who is as crazy about you as you are about them

What story does your family always tell about you? When I was little I loved singing my favorite primary song, "Jesus wants me for a God".  Wise beyond my years.

No comments:

Post a Comment