Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Getting to Know: Katie B.



My name is: Katie B.

 My favorite dinner is: Crock Pot Chicken w/ Mashed Potatoes

My favorite dessert is: Pretzel Salad

My favorite flower is: Poppy or Peony

My favorite hobby is: Crafting

My favorite restaurant is: Bombay House

A game I like to play is: Catch Phrase

The music I listen to most is: Indie/Electronic stuff-- my favorite bands are Mates of State and Hot Chip. But I love anything jazzy or with a funky beat as well.

My favorite thing to buy is: New Clothes

A book I highly recommend is: Memoirs of a Geisha

A movie I watch over and over is: Sense and Sensibility

A smell that makes me pause is: Clean Laundry

The city I would most like to visit is: Seattle (in the summer, of course)

My favorite thing to do on a date is: Admire nature/ new surroundings

The best vacation I ever had was: Going to France for a month and a half

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Anne Shirley (From Anne of Green Gables)

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Become a master seamstress

mymymymetWhat chore do you absolutely hate doing? LAUNDRY

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Check on my houseplants

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? Creative problem solving

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? My husbands never ending patience

 What is your dream vacation? Tour of Japan

 What's the coolest thing you've ever done? Watched Rafael Nadal play tennis at the French Open in Paris

 How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? We met in our singles ward when we lived at The Colony Apts. While visiting my family in Delaware he took me to a tower in a park in the city, the same place where my dad proposed to my mom, and asked me to marry him!

 The best thing about being married is: My best friend is always with me!

What do you and your husband like to do together? Play video games, watch movies, cook/eat delicious food, explore new places, enjoy the outdoors, and pretty much anything else that is considered relatively fun.

What would be your perfect day? A day at the beach with all my closest friends and family

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? Marriage is wonderful, but that doesn't mean it's easy. Just like a couple works hard to please their significant other while dating, you must be willing to continue to work hard to please your spouse.

What story does your family always tell about you? When I was 7 years old my family brought my oldest sister out to BYU for her first year of college. On the last day we were out here we went to University Mall where I tripped and split my knee open on the uneven flagstone. We rushed to the hospital where I had to get 5 stitches in my right knee. Later that day we were at Helaman Halls saying goodbye to my oldest sister, and I tripped again and re-split my knee open in the exact same spot. My entire family was off to the hospital again for stitches for the second time in one day. I'd like to believe I'm not so clumsy anymore, but I'm not positive!

No comments:

Post a Comment