We had a wonderful Sister’s Conference! Our theme was based on the talk “Mothers Who Know” by Julie B. Beck but we applied it to us as our role as women. Thanks to all who participated and shared their knowledge and testimonies!
Finance – Kristi G
- Work Together as a couple – don’t just have the spouse that is really good at finances do it all. It is important that both of you know what is going on.
- Get Organized – use mint.com, funcheaporfree.com
Temple – McKenna R
- True love is when Eternity isn’t long enough.
- Indexing is a wonderful work that enables people to more easily find their ancestors for temple work. It’s fun and easy!
- The blessings of the temple are eternal.
Do Less – Morgan H
- Permit less that draws you away from eternal things.
- You may be so distracted that you are sinning because you aren’t doing the things you should be.
- Live on less so that you can spend more time with family.
- What do you gain if you have the world but lose your soul?
Scriptures – Jessica R
- Raising Up a Family to the Lord – Gene R. Cook
- Scriptures create heroes for young children.
- Show your children how important the scriptures are by how you study them.
- Our Stake President has encouraged us to study 5-15 minutes in the morning to get the armor of God for our day.
Not Judging – Allison W
- Don’t judge others because their sins are different than yours.
- You don’t know what is going on in other people’s lives.
- If attitudes, deeds, and spiritual inclinations were reflected in physical features, would the countenance of the woman who complained be as lovely as that of the woman she criticized? – Thomas S. Monson “Charity Never Faileth”
- Stop judging ourselves and comparing ourselves to others
- Our families need us, not someone else, so stop wishing you were more like someone else.
- Another beautiful woman doesn’t mean there is less beauty for you.
Time Management – Meggie H
- Steven R. Covey’s Management Matrix
Prayer – Cami R
- Communication is the most important in every relationship including our relationship with Heavenly Father.
- Be specific in your prayers
Pinata Making – Yessenia O
Laugh – Ellen L
- Humor can improve our perspective
- We can’t change what we look at but we can change what we see.
- Humor can strengthen relationships
- Humor can help us cope
- Don’t use hurtful humor
- Don’t say “just kidding” – that means you are using hurtful humor
- Use humor to build and uplift
- You can develop a sense of humor – keep a journal of funny experiences or jokes you hear.