Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Getting to Know Natalie V

Natalie V

My name is: Natalie V

My favorite dinner is: Mexican or Italian Food

My favorite dessert is: Cazookie (half-cooked cookie) with ice cream

My favorite flower is: I love any type of flower

My favorite hobby is: Running, soccer, anything outdoors. I also like crafts.

My favorite restaurant is: Olive Garden

A game I like to play is: Uno or Apples to Apples

The music I listen to most is: I listen to anything

My favorite thing to buy is: Home décor or clothes

A book I highly recommend is: The Hunger Games series

A movie I watch over and over is: The Proposal

A smell that makes me pause is: Chocolate chip cookies in the oven

The city I would most like to visit is: Rome

My favorite thing to do on a date is: Hold hands, snuggle, and eat

The best vacation I ever had was: My honeymoon. We went on a cruise to Los Cabos and Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We went snorkeling, kayaking, horse bike riding, and zip lining.

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Any Disney princess

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? How to draw or paint

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Cleaning the toilet

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Sleeping, eating, or cleaning

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? I’m pretty easy going. I can get along with just about anybody.

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? My husband/family

What is your dream vacation? A trip to Europe with my husband

What's the coolest thing you've ever done? Go to Spain

How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? I first met Coleman at a ward FHE in September 2010. Shortly after, we were set up on a group date with my roommates and his roommates. To my surprise he asked me out a couple days later and we dated ever since.

Coleman proposed in February 2012 by putting together a fun, little scavenger hunt.  He typed out the story of our relationship ever since we started dating in the form of a fairy tale and placed them, along with pictures and other little gifts, at each clue. He had my friend take me out to a gymnastics meet and when I arrived home I found the first clue on my door. I found the next clue in my room, then the next in my brother's apartment, then the next in my car, and I finally wound up at Coleman's apartment where a clue was hidden in his piano. The last clue directed me to my own apartment and instructed me to take Coleman with me. When I opened the door I found tons of candles lighting the apartment and making a path to the kitchen table. At the table I found a snow globe he made (with me and him and a ring inside), flowers, and the last part of the fairy tale story. After I read the words "And then they lived happily ever after..." I turned around to find Coleman on his knee.

The best thing about being married is: Always being with your best friend.

What do you and your husband like to do together? Cook, play games, run, play soccer, watch movies, go on dates, pretty much everything

What would be your perfect day? Sleeping in, having a picnic in the mountains on a beautiful sunny day, relaxing and spending the day with Coleman, and watching the sunset on the beach

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? “Always speak loving to and about your spouse and be the first to say ‘I’m sorry’”

What story does your family always tell about you? Embarrassing stories when I was little

No comments:

Post a Comment