Friday, September 9, 2011

Getting to Know Helen R


 Helen the 1st counselor in the Relief Society Presidency!


My name is: Helen R

My favorite dinner is: Homemade Tacos, Black Bean Burgers, Lasagna, Homemade Pizza, Doner Kebab

My favorite dessert is: Chocolate and Strawberries or Ritter’s Frozen Custard

My favorite flower is: Sunflower, Daisy

My favorite hobby is: Fencing, photography, hiking, playing with my daughter, going on dates with my husband, traveling

A game I like to play is: Killer Bunnies

The music I listen to most is: Classical-Mahler’s Resurrection Symphony

My favorite thing to buy is: good food

A book I highly recommend is: The Alchemist

A movie I watch over and over is: Silverado, How to Train your Dragon, North and South

The place I would most like to visit is: where I can see the northern lights

My favorite thing to do on a date is: eat

The best vacation I ever had was: visiting Conrad in England before we were married and returning to Germany to see the baptism of a man I taught on mission

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Anne of Green Gables

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? I would learn to be perfectly Christlike

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Vacuuming

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Think of new recipes, visit with friends, study in the scriptures

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? My hair

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? The Earth

What is your dream vacation? Warm… 

What's the coolest thing you've ever done? Give birth

How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? I met him in Germany. He proposed in the temple.

The best thing about being married is: eternal love and the prospect of eternal life

What do you and your husband like to do together? Everything. But especially cook, listen to music, attend plays and symphonies, ride bikes, go on walks

What would be your perfect day? A spring one. Everybody is happy, and I can teleport…

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? The honeymoon never has to end. You and your spouse may not be perfect, but together you can have a perfect marriage. Choose to love each other every day. Remind yourself every morning why you love your spouse, and let them know every night why they are the most important and greatest person in the world. And tell everybody else that your marriage is perfect. That way it has to be true.

No comments:

Post a Comment