Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Getting to Know Emily S



My name is: Emily S


My favorite dinner is: Pasta Primavera, Eggplant Parmesan, and Homemade Waffles

My favorite dessert is: Anything Chocolate

My favorite flower is: Purple Rose, Ranunculas, or Hydrangeas

My favorite hobby is: playing the piano, viola or singing

My favorite restaurant is: Floridino's in AZ

A game I like to play is: Pit

The music I listen to most is: Classical or Alternative

My favorite thing to buy is: Clothes

A book I highly recommend is: Feelings Buried Alive Never Die by Karol K. Truman

A movie I watch over and over is: Pride and Prejudice (Newer one!)

A smell that makes me pause is: Homemade Bread

The city I would most like to visit is: Zurich, Switzerland or Buenos Aires, Argentina

My favorite thing to do on a date is: go to the Nickel Arcade

The best vacation I ever had was: at a cabin in the snow as a child with family

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Princess Aurora

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Play the cello

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Taking out the trash

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Nap!

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? Speaking the truth

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? My scriptures

What is your dream vacation? A tour of Europe, South America, and Asia

What's the coolest thing you've ever done? Sung "I Need Thee Every Hour" in front of all the missionaries when I was in the MTC and gave birth to a 9lb 12 oz baby boy.

How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? I was a Resident Assistant in Heritage Halls and he lived in a hall close to mine. A mutual friend hooked us up. After a few weeks, he decided he wanted to "just be friends" and so I went on a mission. When I got back we saw each other in the Cannon Cafeteria and he asked me out. A few months later he proposed on New Year's Eve at the top of the Joseph Smith Building with the temple in the background. We rode in a horse-drawn carriage around Temple Square as fireworks signaled the beginning of the new year, 2009.

The best thing about being married is: Having someone to share all aspects of life with.


What do you and your husband like to do together? Take walks.

What would be your perfect day? Getting to meet the Savior face-to-face and knowing I have complete my mission on earth sums it up.

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? The money that the husband makes he shares with his wife. The money that the wife makes, she shares with herself.
 
What story does your family always tell about you? My younger brother was born very prematurely and almost died. My mother was in the hospital recovering with him and my father was supposed to be watching me. I was two years old and very independent. I asked him to take me to the park but he wouldn't. I left through a hole in the fence, walked down the alleyway, crossed two busy streets and played on the playground in my diaper, alone. My parents were frantic looking for me but a neighbor spotted me and called the police and returned me.

No comments:

Post a Comment