Sunday, January 26, 2014

My Experience with the Temple



I was thinking this morning about what to post here on the ward blog.  Sometimes it's easy to figure out what to post and other times it's very hard.  This morning it was very hard but I believe I was inspired to share my experience for this past week regarding the temple.

I have pretty much always been a regular temple attendee.  Weekly or monthly, it was part of my regular life.  But for whatever reason for the past eight-or-so-months I have lacked quite drastically going only once or twice.  I felt the lack and even though it's LITERALLY right next door it got harder and harder to go.  Other things always seemed to come up.  When I would find a babysitter for my daughter the lure of a date night at the movies or a restaurant seemed to have more pull.

I reached a point where I felt my demeanor or maybe my personality(?) changing.  I would go from being happy to hurt/offended/angry so quickly. I started to scare myself at how little control I seemed to have over my mood.  It affected my day and the spirit in my home. It even reached a point where I told my husband I wanted to see a doctor to find out if it was a hormonal or chemical reaction because it was so unlike me.

That same week we talked about going to the doctor we found a babysitter and went to the temple.  I felt healed and whole as we left the temple that night.  The spirit was with me in a way that it hadn't been since the last time I had attended the temple.  The past week I have felt calm and in control of my emotions.  It truly has been a great blessing to me and my family.  It wasn't a physical doctor that I needed but a spiritual once and I received the help I needed by making the temple a priority.


"I know your lives are busy. I know that you have much to do. But I make you a promise that if you will go to the house of the Lord, you will be blessed; life will be better for you."
—Gordon B. Hinckley


No comments:

Post a Comment