Thursday, January 9, 2014

Dynamite Dinner Idea

This dinner idea is "dynamite" because it is:

1. Crockpot
2. Cheap
3. Easy
4. Healthy
5. Makes husband, wife and kids happy

It has a clever name even, Chicken and Beans (okay, not so clever)

There are 4ish**** ingredients...

10-12 chicken tenders or about 4 breasts
16 oz salsa
2 cans of any beans--I like pinto and black
Tortillas or salad ...or both this is where it makes the whole family happy. Mom can have a salad and dad can have a burrito or whatever...
***this is where the 'ish' comes in..you can top it with nothing or everything from sour cream, ranch, corn, avocado, tomato, olives, tortilla chips, ect...


Throw chicken, salsa and beans in crockpot.  I drained one of the cans of beans so it wouldn't be too watery.  Cook 4 hours on high or 6 hours on low. Once finished cooking shred chicken and make your burrito or salad.

I know it's so simple, but trust me it is yummy and so worth the minimal effort.  Wish I had a picture, but I'm sure you can imagine what a chicken taco salad looks like or a chicken burrito.  ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment