Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Sister Spotlight: BriElle D


My name is: 
BriElle Lorraine Davis

My favorite dinner is: 
Anything my husband makes – he's an AWESOME cook!

My favorite dessert is: 
German Chocolate Cake

My favorite flower is: 
Casablanca Lillies

My favorite hobby is: 
Crafting and singing

My favorite restaurant is
Zupas

A game I like to play is: 
Curses

The music I listen to most is: 
my Pandora Imagine Dragons station

My favorite thing to buy is:
decorative pillows. I just love them.

A book I highly recommend is: 
The Kite Runner.

A movie I watch over and over is: 
A Walk to Remember … Like every other girl on the planet

A smell that makes me pause is: 
The smell of gasoline. I know, it sounds really weird, but all the men in my family are mechanics, so I grew up around the smell of gasoline, and I love it, even though it's kinda toxic…

The city I would most like to visit is
Brielle, New Jersey.

My favorite thing to do on a date is: 
try new things!

The best vacation I ever had was: 
I went on a cruise to the Caribbean with my mom, uncle, brother, and two cousins. We went zip lining, snorkeling, and ATVing. Super fun!

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? 
Katniss!

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be
I would really like to learn how to sew a straight line. For some reason, whenever I do it, it always comes out crooked! 

What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
Cleaning the toilet.

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? 
Call my mom or my grandma.

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? 
My hair. :)

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? 
Shoes. Not that I love shoes a lot, but I don't know what I'd do without them covering my feet. I hate walking around barefoot outside.

What is your dream vacation? 
Backpacking in Europe!

What's the coolest thing you've ever done? 
Scuba diving in Mexico

How did you meet your husband? How did he propose?
Over the summer, Josh was up in Seattle (where I'm from) working at Microsoft and living with his brother's family. His brother's family lived in my ward, so I knew them a little. One day they invited me to come over to their house to do a Cutco demonstration (I was selling knives over the summer), and there Josh was standing in the kitchen. His first words to me were, "Hey, don't I know you from singles ward?" when in reality, I had only been to singles ward once and did not meet him there. But I guess I caught his eye.

We started dating right once he got to BYU, and he proposed on Dec 7th, 2012. The night that he proposed, he was supposed to be at a bachelor party, and I was at the bride's bachellorette party (which was a pajama party, by the way). He picked me up because we hadn't seen each other all day and said, "I don't think I'm ready to take you home yet," so he drove out to the Riverwoods, which was where we went on our first date at BYU. Somehow, he convinced me to get out of the car because it was almost 10 pm, freezing, and I was in my pajamas. We walked over to the place where we sat on our first date, and he pulled out a bouquet of roses that his friend hid. We started to walk back to the car, when he said, "BriElle, I just want you to know how much you have changed my life. And the fact that we are here is very fitting because this is the place I want to ask you to be my wife." And he got on one knee. :)


The best thing about being married is: 
Not having to part ways at the end of the night, and how many more inside jokes you get to share. :)

What do you and your husband like to do together? 
Rock out in the car on long drives :)

What would be your perfect day? 
Any day that starts with banana pancakes and ends with my hubby is a perfect day in my book. :)

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage?
Look for the bad things and you will find them; so look for the good things.

What story does your family always tell about you? 

When I was going into my sophomore year of high school, I was on the youth conference planning committee for my stake. We planned a day camp for kids who have special needs in our community. It was there that I fell in love with serving in the special needs community, and I continued to work with the special needs community throughout high school.



No comments:

Post a Comment