Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sister Spotlight: Bethie N

My name is:  
Elizabeth Newey (but everyone calls me Bethie) 

My favorite dinner is:  
Anything Italian or Mexican

My favorite dessert is:  
Cheesecake 

My favorite flower is: 
I love Cala Lilies, and roses 

My favorite hobby is:  
Watching movies, or playing Lacrosse

My favorite restaurant is:  
Los Hermanos

A game I like to play is:  
Ticket to Ride, or anything on the Wii

The music I listen to most is: 
Coldplay

My favorite thing to buy is: 
Definitely Shoes!!! (it is a weakness of mine)

A book I highly recommend is: 
Fire of the Covenant 

A movie I watch over and over is:  
Pirates of the Caribbean

A smell that makes me pause is:  
brownies that are in the oven, or really good flowers

The city I would most like to visit is: 
London or Rome

My favorite thing to do on a date is: 
Something active like playing sports, laser tag, or anything where we can talk a lot

The best vacation I ever had was: 
Touring historical sites in Washington D.C., Virginia, and Pennsylvania 

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? 
A Jedi from Star Wars

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? 
Learning how to speak another language fluently would be really cool.    

What chore do you absolutely hate doing?  
I am beginning to dislike washing dishes. I miss having a dishwasher 

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time?  
I am quite the perfectionist so I clean my apartment quite a lot, or I watch a Dr. Quinn (it is a TV show from the 90 about a female doctor on the frontier during the 1800's) 

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic?  
I am really loyal and extremely honest 

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? 
I am grateful for many many things.  I am very grateful for a patient husband who deals with my imperfections, I am grateful for being an aunt and the example that my nieces and nephews are to me of loving the gospel, I am grateful for rain showers, white double stuff Oreos, and surprises. 

What is your dream vacation?  
Touring Europe would be amazing!

What's the coolest thing you've ever done?  
I was in the video they showed at the General Young Women's broadcast a couple of years ago because I was a part of the ward that walked from the Draper Temple to the Salt Lake Temple.

 How did you meet your husband? 
How did he propose?  I met my husband at our home singles ward.  On our first date my husband got pulled over for speeding so to propose he had a police officer (who knew one of my roommates)  pull us over on the same road where he interrogated, handcuffed, and placed my husband in the back of the police car.  The officer then approached me and told me that my husband had 5 warrants out for his arrest.  Freaking out I asked him what for and his response was that he couldn't tell me tell me and that my husband would have to tell me.  So my now husband walked towards me looking very guilty (he is a very good actor ;) ) looked at me and said, "I didn't want you to find out this way", a smile then broke out on his face and he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him :).  Definitely something I will never forget!  The only problem is I am deathly afraid of police officers now ;).   

The best thing about being married is:  
Not having to say goodbye at night  

What do you and your husband like to do together?  
We love watching movies and playing sports together.

What would be your perfect day?  
Spending time with my family, especially with my husband, makes me happy, so doing anything with them would be perfect 

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage?  
Never go to bed angry 

What story does your family always tell about you?  
I am more than 14 years younger than both of my siblings, so I was pretty young when they both got married.  The first time I met my sisters future husband (they had just stated dating at that point) was at my fifth birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese  after spending a couple of hours with him I apparently said, "Czar you can not marry my sister" the funny thing is that they got married that summer.  Don't worry they got their revenge.      

No comments:

Post a Comment