President Monson has said of Family Home Evening, "We cannot afford to neglect this heaven-inspired program...the lessons learned in the home are those that last the longest."
Collette shared these awesome ideas at out FHE Idea Night. (All of these require little or no preparation!)
- Scripture Memorizing – study a scripture (use student manuals http://institute.lds.org/courses/) apply and memorize throughout the week
- Family Memory Book (blurb.com or other photo book site) – once a month work as a family to write stories for a memory book. These are saved online so you can order them later if you can’t do so now.
- Scripture Videos ( http://www.lds.org/media-library/video?lang=eng) – apply and testify
- Ensign – having a lesson from the Ensign each week using an entire talk or creating a spiritual thought
- Children’s Hymn – sing a song and use the scriptures listed with each song to teach the doctrine
- Life issues – develop lessons from scripture that address current issues, good and bad (i.e. bullying, CTR)