1 ½ C thinly sliced mushrooms (I omitted)
1 pkg. fresh spinach, cleaned and broken
1/2 lb. grated Swiss cheese
1/2 lb. bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 medium red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup (8 oz) cottage cheese (I omitted)
1/4 C. sugar
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
¼ cup + 2 Tbsp. vinegar
3/4 tsp. salt
1 tsp. grated onion (not dry onion. Use actual onion and grate)
3/4 C. Canola oil
1 ½ tsp. poppy seeds
1. Combine all ingredients except oil and poppy seeds. Mix until sugar is dissolved.
2. Slowly whisk in oil and beat well.
3. Stir in poppy seeds. Cover and chill
1. For this recipe, marinate mushrooms in dressing.
2. In a glass salad bowl, layer spinach, Swiss cheese, bacon, onion and cottage cheese.
3. Spoon dressing and mushrooms over the top, and serve.