I’m catching up on our lesson summaries so here is one from a couple weeks ago.
Julia taught a great lesson on Elder Ballard’s talk That the Lost May Be Found. (I have to tell you how much I love our RS lessons. The teachers are always the best and everyone has really great comments!)
Here are some of my notes from the lesson:
Benefits of marriage (as opposed to living together):
- Higher Satisfaction
- Sense of security
- Develop divine attributes
- Economic well-being
Benefits of having children in marriage:
- Stable environment
- Right amount of attention
- Children have an example of what marriage should be
- Teaches children how to interact
- We can be example to the world how families can be
Families working and playing
- When children are teenagers, limit time spent with friends. Have them spend time with the family and it helps with rebellion. (This was a comment from one of the sister’s mother.)
- Have wholesome recreational activities
- Teach Self Reliance
- By working and playing together you open opportunities for communication.
- Spend time serving in the community.
Put things in the perspective of the home. Outside activities should increase the strength of the home not pull it apart.