This past Sunday, we had a great lesson by Mary Harris on the talk “Children” by Neil L. Andersen from the October 2011 General Conference. Here are some highlights from the lesson and our class discussion:
- The commandment to multiply and replenish the earth is still in force.
- Children need to come to earth.
- Mothers and fathers have distinct roles in the raising of their children.
- The decision on when to have children, how many, etc. is between the husband and wife and the Lord.
- Motherhood is a calling.
- Those who cannot enjoy blessings of parenthood on earth will enjoy all of these blessings in the eternities.
- We need to trust in the Lord’s timing, and remember his plan for us the best and will make us happiest.
- Be open to the answers to prayers we receive. This helps remove fear.
- Fasting and attending the temple are good ways to receive revelation.
- We must be united with our spouse.