Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Getting to Know Elaine V

Elaine V

My name is: Elaine V

My favorite dinner is: Whatever is on the stove or in the oven. I love cooking.

My favorite dessert is: Pumpkin anything

My favorite flower is: It's not really a flower, but I love Poinsettias.

My favorite hobby is: Cooking or Crafting

My favorite restaurant is: Shades restaurant at the Waterfront Beach Resort in Huntington Beach CA. I also like Olive Garden

A game I like to play is: Balderdash

The music I listen to most is: Country

My favorite thing to buy is: New things for my home

A movie I watch over and over is: Miracle on 34th Street

A smell that makes me pause is: Smoking meat

The city I would most like to visit is: Rome

My favorite thing to do on a date is: Flirt with my husband

The best vacation I ever had was: The week off from school this semester for our wedding

If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose? Mrs. Claus

If you could learn to do anything, what would it be? Play the Cello

What chore do you absolutely hate doing? Chores are fine

When you have 30 minutes of free-time, how do you pass the time? Sleep

What do you think is your very best feature or characteristic? Genuine interest and empathy for others

What is the "thing" you are most grateful for? My patriarchal blessing

What is your dream vacation? A private island with my husband

What's the coolest thing you've ever done? Lived in Saudi Arabia

How did you meet your husband? How did he propose? I met him through some friends. He planned a group date during which we floated and survived the Provo river. Afterwards we all hiked a mountain for a picnic. After we were done eating he pulled me aside and gave me a book he had designed and ordered online that included pictures and a story of how we met and came together. At the end it said that he got down on one knee, and then I looked up and he was down on one knee proposing.  The view was amazing and my friends and sister were there. It was perfect.

The best thing about being married is: Never having to leave your best friend.

What do you and your husband like to do together? Cook, sing, exercise, anything and everything.

What would be your perfect day? Sleeping, eating, and being with my husband.

What was the best advice you got/would give on marriage? Always be sweet to each other. During the times that you are mad at each other, remember that it is your best friend that you are mad at. Remember why and how you felt when you first fell in love and how it has grown.

What story does your family always tell about you? How I do not like getting up in the morning. There are lots of stories in that category.

No comments:

Post a Comment